Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Young Oak Vineyards: Volume 54: Valentine's Day Edition

Hi everyone!

I hope you get to enjoy this beautiful day with the ones you love. It was a wonderful misty morning here in California, which quickly turned sunny & warm (our condolences to you folks on the Eastern US seaboard and our son in Helsinki!). Well, we were really surprised to look out our window this morning and see a couple of little goats nursing under Ellie!

Yes, the prolific matriarch of our goat herd, Ellie Mae, had two babies this Valentine's Day morning, one male all white and the other a cute black & white female! So, I spent the morning cleaning out the goat barn and putting down fresh straw to fix up the place where these little guys can nurse and sleep.

I'm thinking the male could be named "Rudy" (after Rudolph Valentino and because of the day) and the black & white female, well, ... I'm open to suggestions. If you want to come by and visit our new little goats, please drop by as I will be home all week (Yeah! - Winter Break, a.k.a. Ski Week!)!

Happy Valentine's Day,
John

2 comments:

  1. Hi, John
    I am assisting Winemaker Eric Miller, Chaddsford Winery, write a book titled Vintner’s Apprentice being published by Quarry Books. We ran across the photos on the blog of the vineyard being setup and planted, etc, and think they are fantastic shots. We would like to know if we could include some of those photos in the book? Of course, appropriate credit will be given. I can be reached at rburda@verizon.net. Thanks, Russell Burda - Wine Educator, Chaddsford Winery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Russell:

    I would be more than happy to have Young Oak Vineyards photos included in your publication. You are more than welcome to use my pictures and you are welcome to come by and take your own if need be. Let me know if I can assist you with my photos.

    Thank you for your interest in my project.
    John Sphar

    ReplyDelete